You are very welcome to visit Belsay Woodland Burials. The site is open 365 days a year, although the office operates in normal business hours, Monday to Friday. This is a special, tranquil place, so we ask that you please look at our Regulations of Use and respect them. Please may we remind you of the following:
- Visitors enter Belsay Woodland Burial Ground at their own risk and are reminded that the ground may be uneven, muddy and slippery. Please wear suitable, sturdy footwear.
- Only fresh flowers can be left on site, with no cellophane wrapping or containers of any kind. No planting of trees, shrubs, flowers or bulbs, or scattering of seeds is allowed without the express permission of the Estate.
- Please be aware that there may be a burial or ceremony taking place at the time of your visit and respect the privacy of families attending.
- Belsay Woodland Burial Ground is a natural environment. There are no litter bins on site so please remove any litter and leave the site as you find it.
- Dogs are welcome but must be kept on a short lead and owners are responsible for picking up and removing any mess.